In cosmic crimefighting news, nefarious space villain The Wiggle is once again terrorizing the universe. The observations were captured by the Hubble Space Telescope, NASA’s Chandra X-ray observatory*, and the Viewing League of America (VLA) Fortress of Seeing**. Emissions have … Continue reading →
I saw this comic book cover at Barnes & Noble recently. I have three brief observations: If there is any person left on Earth who does not know the origin of Superman, they are probably in a coma. Big secret… … Continue reading →
I saw this a while ago, but the advice bears repeating. And I say this as a nerd of long standing: DO NOT GIVE SUPERPOWERS TO NERDS AND GEEKS! For every Peter Parker out there, there’s an Anakin Skywalker or … Continue reading →
(Serious note: The following post touches on a topic very much in the news recently. I do not mean to make light of the tragedy in Boston, and my prayers go out to those affected by it. This post is … Continue reading →
When you watch as much television as I do, you start to notice when the writers or the director miss things between shots or episodes. The technical term for these oversights is “continuity errors”.
While I have had a spectacular morning today (which you can read about here), I have noticed a surprising number of continuity errors in reality.
1) At IHOP this morning, my waitress (Cori the Zone Bunny — read about her here too) told me that the secret of their sirloin tips was that they were “marinated in Coca-Cola”. What she meant to say was that they were “marinated and cooked”. This will be fixed in ADR (additional dialogue recording).
2) At Barnes & Noble, the cover of the latest Justice League of America comic book shows Catwoman as a member. Catwoman is a villainess (villperson? person of villainy?), while the Justice League is a loose confederation of heroes. We will fix this in editing.
3) At Starbucks, the Veranda Blend coffee is described on the label as “blonde”. Coffee is a brunette, unless you add lots of raspberry syrup, in which case coffee becomes a sultry redhead. Lemonade is blonde. We will get the VFX (visual effects) guys to digitally fix the label.
4) Also at Starbucks, my friend Laura indicated that she had been up since 3 o’clock this morning. This was a typo in the script, and was meant to read “8 o’clock”. Laura is not to blame. Again, we will fix this in ADR.
5) Leaving Starbucks, one of the cars in the parking lot had a vanity plate reading “DKTR WHO”. In the earlier German portion of the morning, the vanity plate read “DKTR WER” (Doctor Who). In the American morning, the plate should read “DCTR WHO”. Another touchup for the graphics department.